Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Grateful for the Memories


Hello Everyone,  hope you all had a wonderful, comforting thanksgiving with those you love.

We are in the last week of November and there's still enough time to focus on another element of gratitude before we enter December.   As you know, being thankful isn't just a once a year holiday, rather its something we can practice every day, at various moments within a given day.  I hope these posts have inspired you all to dig deeper into what you are all personally thankful for.

Grateful for the Memories

So far I've celebrated two Thanksgivings this year, with one more to go this upcoming weekend.  On the actual day, my husband and I were with his parents, this past weekend I was with my aunt, uncle, cousin and her children, and this upcoming weekend I will be with my parents.  While visiting at my aunt's house I paused and reflected on many things.   

My aunt's dining room of her old house
I realized its been ions since we all celebrated Thanksgiving together.  I miss those times especially as a kid visiting my Aunts house, smelling all the savory/sweet foods cooking/baking while everyone gathered around laughing with each other in her warm & cozy dining room.  After dinner, my Aunt would include different ways to usher in the Christmas holiday, whether it would be storytelling, Christmas songs, or lighting up a particular decoration.  

I also recognized how precious time is as it sometimes gallops away.  I watched my aunt and uncle this weekend - just them being them, and I admitted more than ever to myself that I want to cherish more memories with them, and I never want those memories to run out.  I'm so thankful for all that they have provided for me within their home and their hearts - from my earliest memories to all the joy we experienced this past weekend.  A lot of what Christmas and Thanksgiving means and feels like to me, was experienced in their home.  I know my husband and I carry some of our own traditions, but still hold that same peaceful, beautiful atmosphere in our apartment.



Memories: A message from the Angels
Your memories will show you the way....


Memories hold so much more than just happiness and laughter.  Yes, memories keep loved ones alive in our hearts, enable us to relive parts of our younger selves and help us retain knowledge--whether it's a skill or short/long term events.  However, something even more profound occurs.

Your Angels want you to embrace all types of memories, even the ones that may not be as favorable.  Those type of memories are sometimes here to teach us life lessons, show our true potential, reveal our inner strengths, expose patterns to not repeat, relay how to be wiser, more confident, and the list goes on and on.  If you have those raw memories of  hurt, anger, overwhelment, sadness, etc., your angels are not asking you to hold on to those emotions of the memory, but to dissect  what that  memory is actually trying to show you about your growth--your self-development--where your path/life purpose is leading you.

For example, for my memories of less desirable relationships, I later found that those showed me what my value/self worth truly is.  For those memories of my departed loved ones,  I learned  how their lives positively affected mine and those around them.  For those memories of being lied to, I committed to be more trusting in knowing the source of the matter.

Remember, this isn't a time for you to feel guilty or to beat yourself up over what you may have missed or didn't understand in life. Memories are a beautiful gift, giving you the insight and that second chance to make a change for the better in your world and the world of others!  

Guidance, Inspiration & Comfort always,
Andrea R. Freeman

No comments: